The wind of the Spirit is unpredictable, unforseeable and unexpectable. So shares the pastor in today's sermon.
"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear it's sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it's going." John 3:8
I have been at battle for the longest time. This week, that battle culmulated to a point where I was left on my knees in despair. It was dire straits. I was overwhelmed with a surge of desperation. I felt as if fountain of optimism had emptied itself on the ground, and that I had very little left in me to carry on.
It is in these moments when you cry out most earnestly for your Lord's help that he fully extends his arms, cradles you, and carries you through the most difficult of times. It is in these moments, the darkest moments, when you come to appreciate the grace of the Lord.
He blew into my path the unquestioning, steadfast help I had cried out for. With one gust, I was dusted off years of frustration and burdened yokes, and with it the optimism for rejuvenation and renewal resurfaced. I must admit the full impact of it hasn't sunk it yet. But I am most aware that I have been given an opportunity to start life anew. For that I am eternally grateful.
The wind of the Spirit serves three purposes. It refreshes, it gives conviction, and it revives. And it does all three in the most unexpected, unpredictable manner.
Thank you, my winds of revival. I feel very, very blessed.
1.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*hugs*
Post a Comment